View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013   #13
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 31527 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Head'em Up Houston Mock Draft

76Texan's analysis of the NT position in Wades defense (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99519) is so in-depth and enlightening, I have nothing to add.

As far as the offense dictating the defense, this is an accurate assessment if Wade does not have all the parts to execute his full defense. We have the CB's to play man to man coverage. The SS should ideally cover big TE's in single coverage, but Manning will be a mismatch, which is why I like drafting a big SS like Cooper Taylor. Next, we have Ed Reed to cover a 3rd WR and the ILB's to cover the Backs. Only in a 5 receiver formation might a substitution be called for. So, with the right players, 3 receiver and 4 receiver formations can be covered in Wade's base defense. This works because of a dominating rush from our front 5.

I'm saying, to put the final pieces in place, Wade needs a dominant NT, an instinctive ILB to play next to Cushing and a big, strong, fast SS to match up to the big receivers.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote