View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013   #26
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock 7.1: the planned last Doppelmock of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
He made five tackles in four games in 2010, but saw limited action after an "injury." Taylor played in the season opener against South Carolina state, but didn't come out of the locker room after halftime with what head coach Paul Johnson called heat-related symptoms. Taylor said the heat-related illness wasn't caused by his heart condition, but played sparingly the rest of the season.

He says it wasn't caused by his heart condition but I would rather take the word of a doctor.

Comments in bold. He also had a broken hand at one point. That's not a big deal but the played sparingly part is
You're correct to correct me in that he played three full seasons, not two, since his surgery.

Here's the write up I have on his 2010 season, his last with Georgia Tech.
"By the next summer (2010) GT's secondary was overflowing with talent. Rod Sweeting had developed into a dominant corner while freshman Isaiah Johnson's premium athleticism and play making ability made him a favorite of his coaches. He slid in to Taylor's spot on the left side and never looked back. By the end of 2010, Taylor had played in just four games, collecting a meager five tackles."

As for his speed, I looked into it: NFL Draft Scout has 4.49; Draft Insiders has 4.47; CBS Sports says he ran twice at 4.49 & 4.58; Rotoworld/NBC Sports reports he ran a 4.45 & a 4.53. All these times are from his Pro Day, not the Combine. Must be hand timed.

I can find no report that says he is not medically cleared. The draft is a week and a half away. If there was news, it would be reported, you'd think.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote