View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013   #24
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock 7.1: the planned last Doppelmock of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Your last sentence is a good qualifier - but medical? Surgery for Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome is something like 95% for complete recovery. He could have played the same year he had the surgery, but the coaches kept him out just to be certain. So he's had 2 1/2 years and played two full seasons since the surgery. This is not an issue.

He made five tackles in four games in 2010, but saw limited action after an "injury." Taylor played in the season opener against South Carolina state, but didn't come out of the locker room after halftime with what head coach Paul Johnson called heat-related symptoms. Taylor said the heat-related illness wasn't caused by his heart condition, but played sparingly the rest of the season.

He says it wasn't caused by his heart condition but I would rather take the word of a doctor.

Speed? What? He's too fast? He's faster than Vaccaro, Reid, Elam, Cyprien, Swearinger, Thomas, McDonald, Rambo...you get the point. He ran a 4.47! And his 3-cone and short shuttle was right there with all of them!

I thought he ran in the late 4.6s.

His size is what makes him so attractive as a prospect - he is not a mismatch against the big TE's and WR's. His big negative is that he played for a small school; but he showcased his athleticism and skills at the East-West Game practices, turning a few heads in the process.

His draft position is a real unknown, largely because the draft is so deep at this position. But late third-early forth is about right, with a reasonable chance that someone will take him earlier.

That's a good analysis of Taylor and the role he would play in Wade's defense. I've been on his bandwagon for some time now and I'm taking him at 3a.
Comments in bold. He also had a broken hand at one point. That's not a big deal but the played sparingly part is