View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013   #23
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock 7.1: the planned last Doppelmock of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
...Cooper Taylor again maybe a little high for my taste, because of medical, speed and the fact that he is somewhat of a tweener. If wade wants this type a player though he would be a good choice...
Your last sentence is a good qualifier - but medical? Surgery for Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome is something like 95% for complete recovery. He could have played the same year he had the surgery, but the coaches kept him out just to be certain. So he's had 2 1/2 years and played two full seasons since the surgery. This is not an issue.

Speed? What? He's too fast? He's faster than Vaccaro, Reid, Elam, Cyprien, Swearinger, Thomas, McDonald, Rambo...you get the point. He ran a 4.47! And his 3-cone and short shuttle was right there with all of them!

His size is what makes him so attractive as a prospect - he is not a mismatch against the big TE's and WR's. His big negative is that he played for a small school; but he showcased his athleticism and skills at the East-West Game practices, turning a few heads in the process.

His draft position is a real unknown, largely because the draft is so deep at this position. But late third-early forth is about right, with a reasonable chance that someone will take him earlier.

That's a good analysis of Taylor and the role he would play in Wade's defense. I've been on his bandwagon for some time now and I'm taking him at 3a.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote