View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 final mock of 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
You know, I would not be upset about this draft at all. Of course it's easy to nitpick things, like why take Terry Hawthorne in the 5th, when we have the depth at saftey, especially when you have a baller like like Robert Lester in there? I would save that 5th round spot for Landry Jones - QB.

Still, if Otten and Davis were there in the 6th and 7th and we took them, I would be stoked!

I don't think there's going to be any middle ground for Alonso. Roll the dice. It's either bust or starter w/ a big impact. He's good in coverage, I know that much. Shea McClellin on the cheap? Cush could teach him a lot - the same with Collins.

I'm ho-hum on Thornton...and of course Brandon Williams is a stud. If Hopkins doesn't fall to us, please God Da'Rick Rogers or Terrance Wiliams.
Hawthorne to me is more of a CB with potential to be a good Safety if he doesn't work out at CB. JJo is getting very expensive soon and KJ will be a FA and expensive soon as well. We've got to start stocking up on our future CB's so that we're not starting rookies like we did a couple years ago. It's almost like a minor league farm system within the team, you've got to pick CB's a couple years ahead of when your going to need them. CBS has Hawthorne ranked in the 5-6 range but I think it would take some luck to get him in the 5th, I can see him going in the 3rd. Lester moves Keo off the roster which is a good thing and offers toughness against the run in special packages.

I agree with you on Alonso, bust or starter, and I picked him for his size and coverage ability. The modern 3-4 defense has become more of a 5-2 defense and your ILB's are required to handle pass coverage on TE and RB. The old days of a 3-4 ILB being purely a run stuffer are gone. That might work for a 4-3 MLB but not in the modern era 3-4.

I like Thornton at OG with the ability to play RT in a pinch if needed. He's got good size, very good speed/agility for someone his size, and offers versatility to play RT.

If we can't land Hopkins in the 1st then I'm good with Rogers in the 2nd.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote