View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013   #16
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock 7.1: the planned last Doppelmock of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Love the top five picks.

I like Marcus Davis, too; however, since we've already taken a receiver, I figure maybe we'd go with an ILB here; the guy from A&M (Porter?) or A J Klein or Kevin Reddick (UNC) or whomever you like at the position.

I'm fine with Smith in the next spot.

As for the rest, I'm OK with the guys but I'd have liked for us to take a chance on some playmakers.

If Davis is still on board late, fine, you can go with him; otherwise, there could be a guy like Mark Harrison (Rutgers) or the guy from Florida St.
At safety, for example, I would look to see if Cody Davis is still available, if not I'd like Dexter McCoil.
There are a couple of RBs that may last until late (neither got picked in the Mock Draft so I won't divulge their names yet, LOL.

Those would fill up the last 3 spots; I don't think we should take another OT since Mondek and Gardner are already on the team.

Another possibility is to double dip on another ILB; the guy from UAB (Burdette) or the local guy from UH (Phillip Stewart).
One of the things with this draft is there are a lot of picks. Having a lot of picks means needing to find spots for all of the players. One of the reasons I went with Smith and Fisher were that they had incredibly high upside. Both of them easily could have been second rounders had it not been for injury. The other reason I took them was because they were coming off injury and could be stashed on IR for the year. They would be on the IR and not count against the cap. If they could rediscover their previous pre-injury form, they would be impact players. Smith would be a high level pass rusher and Fisher would be a high level RT. Its a low risk high reward proposition. Their floor may be low, but their ceiling is super high.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote