View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013   #63
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 5 Best and Worst Draft picks in Texans History

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Babin was not "cut" by the Texans or Chiefs. He was traded by the Texans to the Seahawks & left the Chiefs as a free agent after they signed him in November. It's hardly fair to say that he got a true opportunity in KC after being signed with the season nearly being over. Babin has gone on record that Seahawks never intended to give him an opportunity & he doesn't care for that franchise because of it. I feel the same was done here by Kubiak as Babin was not his player, per se, & it did seem there was a bit of a house cleaning here as kubiak & Smith tried to establish their identity w/ their players. So to be fair it seems Babin was misused by Capers, discarded by Kubiak for a mediocre player from Seatle, & then was never in Seatles plans. His time in KC was extremely short. He finally got a real opportunity in Tennessee, Philly, & Jacksonville & has had decent seasons producing 2 Pro Bowl seasons while being named an All Pro once. When used properly, 4-3 DE, & given an opportunity, Babin has produced & that hardly says "bust" to me. Even when he was cut by a Philly team that was obviously in disarray & then being picked up by the Jags he still produced 7 sacks. That's not to shabby for a "bust".
I always liked Babin and I thought that in the right environment he'd be productive.

But he really burned some bridges with me when there was the DC change in Philly and he basically refused to do what they wanted him to do. They originally wanted him in that wide formation they were using but they were getting gouged in the run and wanted him to line up in a more standard way... and he refused.

But he's not a bust.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote