View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013   #42
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 5 Best and Worst Draft picks in Texans History

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Posey was suspended his last year at Ohio State for NCAA violations.

Assume he comes back week 8, in the middle of football season, he still won't play b/c he won't be in football shape. He starts the season on the PUP and depending on need at WR at that time of the year he may end the year on IR. I anticipate after this draft to have our WR position taken care of. KMart starts the season as our 2nd receiver, our first rounder is 3rd and a vet plus Jean to finish out the WR core.

My point is you can't take 3 years off and expect to play at a high level.

I believe Posey played the final three games of his last year at Ohlo State, - I'm positive he played in their bowl game. More importantly, he continued to practice with the team while he was suspended, so it was actually more like a NCAA version of a practice squad. Aditionally, Posey was active for 11 games this past season, and while playing time was limited, the characterization that he was somehow not active during 2012 is blatently incorrect.

So if you're assumption of coming back after week 8 next season is correct, then your comment about taking 3 years off from football will only be wrong by 2.5 seasons.