View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013   #21
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 5 Best and Worst Draft picks in Texans History

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Can you do a top 5 worst pick for this team? The entire 07 draft class (except Jones) and 08 (except Brown) were busts.

5 worst individuals? Well:

1) David Carr
2) Charles Hill
3) Seth Wand
4) Bennie Joppru
5) DeVier Posey

Special mention: Antwaun Molden, Jason Babin, Travis Johnson, Amobi Okoye, Charles Spencer, and Vernand Morency.

I put Posey on there because he was out of football for the 2011 season, basically out until the end of last season, blows out his MCL, will be out next season. So 3 seasons of no football? This is the NFL, you can't do that. A waste of a 3rd round pick.

Top 5 Best:

1) JJ Watt
2) Andre Johnson
3) Brian Cushing
4) Duane Brown
5) Kareem Jackson

Honorable mention: Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans, Owen Danials.
The entire 05 class was a bust. I can't put Posey on the list, because he was making strides near the end of the season. Yeah, he got hurt, so maybe he will turn into a bust, but you can't make a decision on him yet.

I like how you put KJax in there. Like the confidence in him. Perhaps he can become a top 5 in the next couple of years.

I know a few of you have Carr in the top 5 worst picks. I honestly couldn't put him in the list, because there were points when he was getting better. I think Pencil Neck mentioned it in one thread, but he said something along the lines of, Carr was playing great in the 04 season, but then hit a wall. He was a young QB, with a terrible coaching staff. Yes he was a bust, just nowhere in the top 5 bust.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote