View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013   #78
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zierlein Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
They both produced in college; Patterson against better competition.

Patterson is still raw in his route running, and he was able to achieve results despite an inconsistent QB (Bray vs Geno Smith.)

The guy with the better upside is Patterson, his size notwithstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Some concerns about Patterson are coming to light as far as his mental grasp of the game, but I think that is going to be something each team will gauge for themselves. It would be tough to pass on him, but I do believe Hopkins & even Hunter are good players & possibly worthy of being the Texans pick. Hopkins seems to be the safest pick imo.

It's ironic that you knock Vols WR's by saying they don't light it up in the NFL, but earlier mentioned Woods saying you liked him better & considering he is from USC I think it is safe to say that USC has had its fair share of WR's who have come out w/ lofty expectations & then fizzled & disappeared in the NFL. I think they are 2 of the same kind to be honest & I'm not a big fan of USC WR's because of the more hype then production from its recent WR's whom have entered the NFL going back to Keyshawn Johnson....the ultimate hype machine.
The thing I don't see with Patterson is YAC . Even on kickoffs he doesn't seem to break tackles .

Here is rankings of WRs since 1999 . Just scroll through and see how many highly drafted Wrs pan out .

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote