View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013   #74
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zierlein Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Earl, I had watched at least 15 Vols games the least two years, and not merely watching.

They have had a good runnig game (considering the defense they played against.). When they can run the ball, they would, to take the pressure off their QBs, whoever play that game.
In 2011, Hunter and Rodgers took turn stretching the field.
When the QB was not pressured, they would look at the X and Z receivers; if the first read is double- teamed, they went to the second read.
In 2012, it was Patterson and Hunter.

The second read was often another receiver, the TE, or the RB out of the backfield.

That's why all eleven guys on offense, plus the third receiver (Zac Rogers), all we given draftable grades by CBS Sports either this year or next.
Being drafted and being drafted high in the 1st are two different things . It usually takes two or three years for a wideout to hit his stride ... why ... cause the CB are just as fast , disguise their coverage , and you have to think / read faster and be smart enough to be in check with the QB .

I think most WRs fail because for every Jerry Rice , AJ , Reggie Wayne , and Calvin Johnson , there's a big fast guy who doesn't understand what it takes to be an NFL receiver .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote