View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013   #92
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Life Without Schaub: What if?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
In hindsight .... do you really believe they would have fared better with Peppers over Carr ?

To be quite honest , I beileve they would have been nobetter or worse .... Peppers is a great player but he wouldnt have won them games alone ... sure it may have changed draft plans past tense , but... I dont thin it would have made an expansion team any better during the life of their respective contracts.

They had to build talent and depth at other positions to be competetive.
Yes they would've been better

1. They would've had a chance to get a QB in the 20003-2004 draft that would've put his profession that paid him millions for 9 months worth of work 1st. Palmer/Eli Manning and Peppers, instead of Davey.

2. They wouldn't have been living the fantasy that Mario was what he was supposed to be.

It is what it is, but the decision to draft Davey set this org back 7-8 yrs. Hell, BoB was so in love with Davey, Gary had to lie to BoB to get his 1st HC job. I guess sometimes lying does pay. Not that I blame Gary, if I was in his shoes I would've told BoB what he wanted to hear.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote