View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013   #41
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zierlein Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
I think the Texans are more likely to go TE in the first than WR given the history.
Why? Smithiak haven't taken a TE higher than the 4th round (or a WR higher than the 3rd round). I don't see any history that leans one way or the other.

The history I see is the Texans drafting best player available....at a need position. 2008, the Texans really needed a LT. Duane Brown. 2010, they needed a CB. Kareem Jackson. Of course, there's usually more than one need. You can make a case that WR, ILB, RT, or even OLB are needs. So that would give them some flexibility at which position they select in the 1st round.

TE? Sure, they need one. But someone to compete for the 3rd spot. Not a starter, or even someone that competes as a starter. If you are going by Texans history, TE doesn't make sense in the 1st round at all.