View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR remains likely top pick for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
The only guy that coup have helped us was Wallace and he was WAY out of our price range. The only way to fill this need is via the draft. We're not gonna stumble across a better option via UDFA. Any WR that is half decent and gets cut will probably be out of our financial range too.

Remember when we badly needed a LT? Brought everybody an their momma in. Didn't pan out. How did we solve it? Picking the best tackle on the board and going forward.
I don't think Wallace would have fit the Texans anyway. I'm sure they will be snagging some camp and preseason cuts. But the Texans need as close to a sure thing to start opposite Dre as possible.

That draft was pretty loaded at LT and it is a HUGE risk going into a draft focusing entirely on 1 position of need for your 1st pick. All I'm saying here is 1st round. They may draft 2 wrs but I just don't see it being in the 1st. Only way is if the draft unfolds in such a way that when it is their pick the person highest on their board is a wr. I would rather see them trade back and get an extra pick if things don't fall their way. Outside of Patterson and Austin I don't see a 1st round stud. Maybe Hopkins.
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote