View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013   #14
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Life Without Schaub: What if?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think Carr would have stayed around. We would have drafted someone like Trent Edwards in the second round, assuming we didn't draft Kevin Kolb in the first instead of Amobi Okoye. Let's say we went with the Kolb option.

There would have been an open competition for the QB position and I think Sage would have won it. Sage would have gotten injured during the season and Kubiak would have given Carr one more shot... and he failed. So Kubiak would have brought Kolb in and Kolb would have done OK.

The next year, Carr would have been released and again we go with the open competition at QB. This time, Kolb wins and he's anointed the future of the franchise. And he would have gotten injured and the next few seasons would have been juggling Kolb and Sage. And Kubiak would have been fired after 4 seasons.

And then in 2010, we would have a new coach and we'd have drafted Tim Tebow. And now, in 2013, we'd have another new coach and we'd be looking at Geno Smith or EJ Manuel.
Disagree.

I think Carr was pretty much as good as gone. Rather than Okoye, the Texans would have selected Brady Quinn and the QB guru, Gary Kubiak, would have been in charge of molding him. I think he would have struggled and at the end of the 2009 season, Kubiak would have been fired. In 2010, they would have hired Bill Cowher and he would have gone defense with the first pick: Ndamukong Suh, Eric Berry, Jason Pierre Paul(depdning how poorly they did the year before).

They still would have been looking for a starting QB and likely would have signed a vet. In 2011 they would have drafted Andy Dalton...

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote