View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013   #11
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR remains likely top pick for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Many of these guys are pushed into starting roles from day one.
It's not the old NFL anymore.

Aside from guys like AJ Green or Julio Jones, some other rookies have done pretty well, like Kendall Wright for example.

I know its not the old NFL anymore. Not even close. I've been watching and going to games since the sixties. It is still too much of a risk to count on a first round wr draft pick to come in and start from day 1. Yes it happens more frequently at every position in the NFL nowadays because of free agency and the salary cap. But it is still one of the hardest positions to evaluate and hit the jackpot on. I will say that the 2011 wr first round was awesome for wrs but thats not the norm.
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote