Thread: Keenan Allen-WR
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013   #70
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenan Allen-WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I just timed Allen on this play in fastenough.90. BTW, that's 1st lock CB Desmond Trufant (#6) in pursuit.

I like Allen, and if healthy would make a great pick @27. But, he's not healthy. This team is has a window and I don't think it needs to swing for the fence with high risk picks, be it injury or character concerns. That's why I would lean at this point to DeAndre Hopkins or Robert Woods at WR. They both have the talent and the production to project as a solid #2 WR, at least. And using scouting terminology, they're "clean" prospects. I think the Texans have to go "clean".
I have to agree with this. I am a fan of Allen and wanted the Texans to draft him, but with this speed/injury concern maybe they should change their focus more to Hopkins or Woods. Hopkins has always been high on my list anyway, and I think he is more physical and has better hands than Allen or Woods. Still, in a couple of weeks when the Draft is upon us, if Allen, Woods, and Hopkins are all there at #27, I wonder what the Texans would do.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote