View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013   #31
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zierlein Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Maybe so, but how long are we willing to wait if it is a coachable problem? We all know how anal Kubiak is when it comes to his offense. Players like Foster, Brandon Brooks, Posey, etc never even see the field offensively until they learn and run the offense the way he wants it. Being a 1st rounder, I'd expect them contributing from day 1.

Who knows who's right? It's a crapshoot, but I'd think my chances would be better going defense in the 1st.
Outside of AJ the available WR options at the start of the season are:

Martin: a slot receiver
LeStar jean: hasn't shown enough in 2 years.
Jeff Maehl: bounced between practice squad and roster.
Some random FA WR the Texans will sign after the draft.

Based on that, Patterson WOULD start from Day 1 as WR #2. Posey is injured and Patterson is better than Jean or Maehl or the unnamed FA WR. They don't need Patterson to be a superstar in year 1, they just need him to catch around 40 balls and get a few touchdowns. He can certainly do that.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote