View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013   #21
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Brooks Shaping Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
This is good news. I fully expect Brooks to be the starter at RG next season, Jones will be the primary backup at all interior O-line positions, and I expect the Texans to draft an OG in the 3rd - 5th rounds to be a backup and rotate at LG with Wade Smith and then replace him in 2014. With the signing of Ryan Harris, I don't expect an OT to be drafted this year.
I think that would be a huge mistake. Harris is at best an OK "swing tackle" that can be used to fill in when the starter goes down. With Newton recovering from knee surgery that leaves only Mondek or Gardner to backup Harris. That would be awful risky if you ask me.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote