View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Brooks Shaping Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I thought they played very well for rookies. There were things that Jones was better at. He's faster, he's more athletic. He gets to the outside (pulling) faster, he gets to the second level fast, he gets on his man faster. On the second level & out in space he was much better than Brooks.

Brooks is stronger, he's a horse, a mauler. He held his ground much better, & he moved people off the line much better.

We've got three week spots on the OL. LG, RG, & RT.

I think we're better off with moving Brooks to LG, starting Jones at RG, & starting Newton at RT. I think Newton is solid. I don't know if he is special, or has the ability to be special. If it were me, I'd draft a guy to groom for that RT spot & hope Newton plays well enough to keep him off the field. I'd hold onto either Wade Smith, or Caldwell to back up at the guard position. If Caldwell looks good through OTAs & camp, I'm cutting Wade Smith & saving some money.
I don't think you could have it any more backwards, imo. Brooks is very quick for his size and played much quicker than Jones towards the end of the season. Hence, more playing time. The problem with Brooks early on was MA's. Once he knew what he was doing he played much better than Jones.

Caldwell isn't even currently on the team. I don't think Smith's going anywhere this year. He should remain the LG, Brooks at RG and I assume Newton will be the RT. Imo, RT is the only true ? on the OL. I'm not going to pretend I know what's going on with his knee because the organization's so tight lipped. Which is fine