View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brandon Brooks Shaping Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I fully expect Brooks to take over the RG position this year. I thought it started to click for him towards the end of last season. He still had some MA's, but he looked very good when he knew what he was doing.

I like Ben's potential, but imo, he was not ready last year. Maybe it'll be different this season, but I still think Brooks will win the spot. The platooning crap they had going probably didn't help either one of them. I would hope they get away from that BS.
I thought they played very well for rookies. There were things that Jones was better at. He's faster, he's more athletic. He gets to the outside (pulling) faster, he gets to the second level fast, he gets on his man faster. On the second level & out in space he was much better than Brooks.

Brooks is stronger, he's a horse, a mauler. He held his ground much better, & he moved people off the line much better.

We've got three week spots on the OL. LG, RG, & RT.

I think we're better off with moving Brooks to LG, starting Jones at RG, & starting Newton at RT. I think Newton is solid. I don't know if he is special, or has the ability to be special. If it were me, I'd draft a guy to groom for that RT spot & hope Newton plays well enough to keep him off the field. I'd hold onto either Wade Smith, or Caldwell to back up at the guard position. If Caldwell looks good through OTAs & camp, I'm cutting Wade Smith & saving some money.