View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Dobbins, McCain drawing interest (both re-sign with texans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I hope you're right. With both coming off IR I'd still like to see a young playmaker added.
This is why I hope to see Brooks Reed at ILB. He's not a pass rusher, he's not going to make a significant amount of plays from the outside. He's JAG on the edges.

I expect more from a 2nd round pick. I think we need to move him to see if he can be that impact player we need on the inside.

At the same time, draft a guy who could be that dynamic end rusher we were missing last year.

Leaving Brooks at OLB doesn't help this team get better. We can draft a young guy to be that dynamic play maker inside, but your entire hope for outside pass rush will rest with Whitney Mercilus.

And even if the guy we draft isn't ready for the position, you can rotate Brooks down in pass rushing situations, where we lose nothing from last year. It would be exactly like what we had last year without an ILB with Brooks, Jj, Antonio, & Whitney on the line.

You just limit your ability to improve on your outside pass rush.