View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013   #36
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Final 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm all for trading down, but because the talent is flat a trade is unlikely.

I have a different view from 65 on Short. I think he's exactly the type of penetrating NT that Wade's looking for. The thought of Watt/Short and A.Smith on the DL with Cushing and crew at LB would go a long way in solving the Texans yearly problems holding up against the run without having to play 8 in the box.

Short can draw double teams, taking pressure off Watt. Short is a 3 down NT. IMHO
Short is the best pass rusher out of all the DT's in this class. He would make a huge impact right away IMO. I still believe we will bring in a FA NT after the draft. Seymour or Hamton or Pouha would make an huge impact. Having Short to rotate at end or NT would improve this defense tenfold.

However we do it we have to improve the middle of our defense. We need at least two DL added to the current roster.