View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013   #58
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Grantland] Hey, Don't F*$% This Up: The Houston Texans' Outdated Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
So... you're calling me a liar?
No Sir!! I take your word as the gospel regardless of whether or not it's backed by a source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Kubiak's goal in this offense has ALWAYS been to very balanced between rush and pass. In the past, he couldn't but with the emergence of his offensive line and his running backs, he's able to rely more on them the way he's always wanted to.

You're confusing the playcalling for the offense. Every week, the game plan changes. And with the change of the game plan, the play calling changes. Some weeks, you're going to call more long pass plays, some weeks, more screens and drop offs, and some weeks you're going to run more. But it's all the same offense.
We know kubiak tries to be balanced. That goes w/out saying & the rankings I provided shows that. Never disputed that. What was disputed & what you seem to be missing is what the original debate was over. Someone stated that other teams have studied the Texans in attempt to imitate their offense for the last 3 seasons. Considering the Texan's offense has transformed from a pass heavy team in 09 to a slightly run heavy team in 2012, then it's safe to say those that have studied the Texans in hopes of imitating have noticed the shift as well. I'm not confused about game plans because that to goes w/out saying as well, plans change according to opponents. This was a change in offensive strategy due to the Texans limitations in the past. No RB, suspect o-line, & Swiss cheese defense=pass heavy offense In 2009. No real confusion, it's pretty straight forward IMO. Once again, we can agree to disagree because this horse has been beaten to the bones.

Last edited by tru80texan; 04-10-2013 at 11:34 PM.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote