View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Final 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That is what I mean.
We're doing mock draft and we set up our own board.

rmartin felt that he reached somewhat and changed his mind.

Corrosion, on the other hand, seems dead-on believing that Short is the best BPA among the positions of need and he went for it.

Not that I agree with him, but he has that in mind, and I have to give him that.
It's like Tyson Alualu. When the Jags took him it was like... what?!?? I don't think I'd seen him go higher than the 2nd round and someone might have gotten accused of reaching for him there. BUT... the Jags had him that high on their board. You just can't predict something like that.

So... when you're doing a mock... what are you trying to do? Guess how the teams are going to pick? Or guess what player's relative values are? Or guess which players are really going to have great careers despite what the teams think?

Last year, I did a quick analysis on WRs, where they're picked vs. where they're mocked. The mockers are usually pretty good at figuring out which WRs are going to be drafted but they usually get all of them wrong wrt round. And the guys the teams draft high generally have better careers than the guys that get drafted low. Now. Granted. That could be because the teams have more invested in the higher pick but still.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote