View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Final 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
You should check Barrington out; I think he is the real deal.

Armstead... thought long and hard about that pick. I just think his potential is great enough to be ok taking him a little early.
Barrington is South Florida 2nd best prospect, Kayvon Webster is their best. Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

remember having mocked Terron Armstead several months ago as my 4th/5th rd. sleeper. then came out East-West Shriners game, then added to Senior bowl, looked very good & people escalated him to late 2nd early 3rd. after that combine where he proceeded to run his 4.71 forty. ascending now to possible first rd. pick. Flashback to Newton another Arkansas small school prospect & you see the Texans possible attraction. It would be a good situation for both player & organization, has the athletic body/tools to develop however screams luxury pick & would be new swing tackle, that's a heavy investment for need despite player upside. remember Newton was selected in 7th.

Love Dobson, has the measureable Texans covet. Took Terrance Williams over him in 2nd but could easily switch to Dobson if TW off the board. He ran a 4.55 which is about what I expect Keenan Allen to run when healthy. Similar talent to Lestar Jean with better core strength.

Considered Corey Lemonier in 3rd over Chase, better athlete has tantalizing but lacks production comparatively. Only 5.5 sacks, of course played in SEC great meaureables in comparison to Chase but just doesn't produce same level. Will be graded higher because of potential. Perfect spot to address this important need.

DJ is a very good safety prospect. like this selection. strong physical tackler which you like to see out of safety position, good replacement for Quin & Ed Reed to develop.

Understand need to address RB position with Forsett gone bye bye & Tate injury history to add quality depth behind Foster, just don't see need to spend this high of pick on one. Has a compact build like Maurice Jones Drew, maybe Greg Jones can be his lead blocker back-end of career if so could really work.

Boyd was on my radar all season but for one reason of another had a disappointing season. Like adding a big body DT late but don't trust his motor or work ethic. now seems more like a 6th/7th rd. developmental player. might be better keeping weight off & flipping to RDE, not stout enough to plug middle next level see you added a legit NG prospect in 7th with upside/size & athletic ability needed for position.

Glad you double dipped in WR class as well, makes a lot of sense. remember watching him last season with Sanu, big dependable target has core strength & blocking ability with better speed than I expected. Solid pick.

Overall all solid mock as usual. understand thought process & like fact you keep it real & original. tough to keep up with everything in busy schedule to boot, shows passion & zeal for process.

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote