View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Eric Winston released by Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
JJo was definitely the highest rated free agent acquisition that the Texans have made in their brief history, and it was the right choice.
I'm not against, or down on the Jjo signing at all & we can debate how these FAs were ranked all day (personally, I exclude the guys who did not change teams, like Ike Taylor), but the point is the same.

Jjo was not the #1 guy.

We spent money before to make sure we got our guy.

Most of our "big" FA signings were young players with potential & Jjo fit that bill as he was not even considered the top CB on his team (they might have undervalued him & over valued Leon Hall, but the point is he was not the guy we made him here, a bonafide #1 pro bowl CB).

So it is wrong (& this is truly my point) to say that the one year the Texans went out & signed a big time FA we made it to the play offs. They were probably more right about Jjo than they were about Weaver & Antonio, but it wasn't for lack of trying.