View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What would you rather? (Draft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Some guys just are not track athlete.
If you want to see speed just put on the Miss St. game and watch him chase down a receiver from 7-8 yards behind.
Strength? A guy with 34" arm will always be at a disadvantage on the lift.
There isn't a O-lineman (be it a tackle, a guard, or a center that Moore had faced this year that can handle his combination of strength and quickness, not to mention his relentless motor.)

The guy has an excellent get-off.
He can run the arc very well and can also penetrate to the inside very effectively.
His lateral agility is what makes him a great player; and he can get off the ground and get back into the play quickly.
A guy who doesn't quit in the football field isn't a guy who can get by with poor work ethic.

Now I don't know if he's going to be a Pro-Bowler or not, but he's a darn good football plays and definitely a first rounder.

I'll take him with the Texans pick in a heart beat.
Damontre Moore is suffering from the stat junkies who consider the combine more important than several years of game tape. Moore was a beast on film, but if all you look at is combine results, then he's not worth even a 2nd round grade.

It's funny how sometimes guys like this will move up or down based on a few tests. Last year we had Stephen Hill and Dontari Poe fly up the draft due to great combine workouts, yet neither one of them had great film to back them up. Eye of the beholder and all that... I'd take Moore with a late 1st and be happy.

To answer the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Another player with JJ Watt type impact?

Ummm yeah...sign me up for that.
^ This.