View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013   #28
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Grantland] Hey, Don't F*$% This Up: The Houston Texans' Outdated Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think it's funny how just 3 years ago, people were talking about the innovation of the Texans' offense. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Yes, just a few years ago we would hear how other teams, NFL teams, were copying parts of our offense adding it to theirs.

But that same guy is now the most conservative in the league.

Something must have happened between then & now.
Ummmm...I don't recall ever reading that any team was taking offensive pointers from a 6-10 Texans team. Especially once you consider, they had just discovered the gem they had in Arian & were finally attempting to become a bit more balanced after being a pass heavy team w/ an ineffective run game in 2009. Seems a bit of a reach to say others were trying to imitate a team that didn't even have all its pieces & were trying to figure out its own identity. This offense is not being ran similar to what it was when Schaub was amongst the league leaders at QB & Chris Brown was the rb. I think that's safe to say.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote