View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013   #68
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Life Without Schaub: What if?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
In hindsight .... do you really believe they would have fared better with Peppers over Carr ?

To be quite honest , I beileve they would have been nobetter or worse .... Peppers is a great player but he wouldnt have won them games alone ... sure it may have changed draft plans past tense , but... I dont thin it would have made an expansion team any better during the life of their respective contracts.

They had to build talent and depth at other positions to be competetive.
Peppers produced right out of the gate and here in Houston he would have been lining up in a genuinely good defense from day one. Gary Brown and Seth Payne were disruptive and our linebackers were more than capable. Glenn and Coleman could cover and did. The defense finished 16th I think and that was while the offense was hanging them out to dry constantly. Smarter play from Tony Banks who the offense always settled down and performed for (to the extent that they were capable of performing) I think would have made us more competitive and netted at least two more wins in year one. I'm not saying we come out and go 8-8 or anything. I'm just saying we win 6 games our first year instead of 4 and look better and more competitive while doing it.

But as I said, in the big picture is that worth not getting the best player we've ever had in Andre Johnson? Not really.