View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Football Outsiders: State of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Not sure how the Texans have failed Schaub. Granted he hasn't had two top tier WR like ATL, or the top O-line in the league, but he has had weapons that he hasn't really been able to utilize to their full potential. I see it like the kid who just barely learns to ride a bike without training wheels and complains that he isn't getting his CR250R yet. Go fast with what you have first, then we can invest in an upgrade to make you go faster. Hit the receivers you have when it counts, then we might be able to justify going out and getting that other #1 type talent.
I don't know what it is. But there is something about those teams that make their role players step up.

Shane Vareen.

Who the heck is Shane Vareen? If he had not stepped up for New England..

Did he play like that on that stage because of his QB? His Coach? His Family & friends at home?

Who knows, but we need our role players to step it up in similar situations. All this talk about James Casey & he dropped the gimmiest touch down I've ever seen in a play off game. He catches that one, who's to say Schaub isn't looking for him more often the rest of the game?

Jacoby Jones. We had been waiting for him to step it up & help us win a game (much less a big game) for four years. He's in Baltimore for one year & had the best play off game any receiver we drafted ever had (& yes, that's hyperbole). 1 catch for a TD, yeah. But it was a big catch.