View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013   #68
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders: State of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Cant compare the different era's. Matt is playing at a time when the top QB's put up 5K plus. Back then the QB's and receivers were getting mugged, and now you cant even look at either one sideways without getting a penalty. Bad comparison in my opinion.
I didn't bring those guys up. I was responding to someone who compared Schaub to those guys.

Schaub through for 4770 yards BEFORE all these guys you're talking about started throwing for over 5000. At the time he did that, it was the 6th most yards in a season EVER.

With the rules changes, that's dropped to 14th.

NOW Schaub isn't being asked to put up those kinds of numbers week-in and week-out anymore. He's being asked to rely on his run game.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote