View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013   #63
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders: State of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
1. Don Majkowski: He put up 1 4000 yard season in a 10 year career.

2. Jeff George: He put up 1 4000 yard season in an 11 year career. (Although he led the league in passing one year with just over 3900)

3. Jay Schroeder: Put up 1 4000 yard season in a 10 year career. In that season, he was throwing to Gary Clark and Art Monk. Great receivers.

4. Jake Plummer: Put up 1 4000 yard season in a 10 year career.

5. Scott Mitchell: Put up 1 4000 yard season in an 11 year career. Had a couple of great receivers AND Barry Sanders.

6. Bill Kenney: Put up 1 4000 yard season in a 9 year career.

7. Steve Beuerlein: Put up 1 4000 yard season in a 14 year career. (I have to admit, I always expected this guy to blossom into a great QB.)

8. Matt Schaub: Put up 3 4000 yard seasons so far in a 9 year career. Including a season with over 4700 yards (something none of those other guys have done.)

One of these 8 QBs is not like the other 7.

You might not like him or the way he plays, but he's a good QB. Can he get it done? Of course he can.

He's not going to make insane throws. He's not going to wow you with his athletic prowess.

He's got room for improvement and I don't think he's hit his ceiling, yet. But even so, with the right pieces around him, he can get it done.
Cant compare the different era's. Matt is playing at a time when the top QB's put up 5K plus. Back then the QB's and receivers were getting mugged, and now you cant even look at either one sideways without getting a penalty. Bad comparison in my opinion.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote