View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Football Outsiders: State of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
He is a good QB. Good enough for the right team with the right system, in a year where the injury bug doesn't hit, to win with. You won't win because of him necessarily but you more than likely won't lose because of him either. It's just that when you do lose for some other reason he's not going to be able to counter that and keep it from happening.

I don't think he's got room for improvement however. He's been up against his ceiling for years and at this point after starting 79 games for the Houston Texans in this same offense he's shown you exactly what he's capable of.
Not to defend Schaub, just questioning this line of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
He is a good QB. Good enough for the right team with the right system, in a year where the injury bug doesn't hit, to win with. You won't win because of him necessarily but you more than likely won't lose because of him either. It's just that when you do lose for some other reason he's not going to be able to counter that and keep it from happening.
Which Super Bowl winning QB does this not apply to? Definitely applies to your Trent Dilfers & Joe Flacco. We know it applies to your Kurt Warners & Eli Mannings. But doesn't this also apply to your Tom Bradys & Peyton Mannings, and Aaron Rogers?

I understand those QBs have "done it" & it doesn't make "sense" to include Schaub in that conversation. But save Flacco, none of those guys got it done this year. Were they not good enough? In 2012 Peyton & Rogers exited the play offs in the divisional round, same as Schaub. The Broncos didn't even win a Play off game as they got a bye.

Is Schaub as good as those guys? I'm not saying that. I'm not saying he's in the same league. I know he can be as productive. If we're talking wins, his win percentage has been just as good as theirs over the last two years. IMO, there's nothing you can quantify to say he won't win a Super Bowl. He can throw for a lot of yards, he can throw for a lot of first downs, he can throw for a bunch of TDs (I doubt he's ever led the league in passing TDs). He doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

If anything (& if this team keeps improving) Schaub's Super Bowl is off in the future, where those guys' are in the past.