View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013   #43
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Texan 2013 Mock

Thanks Doppelganger,

everybody pretty much has Ogletree penciled in going to Chicago, we'll see. He is a first/second round talent per ourlads, ranked #26 overall. again I like his chances here to really grow into the player we covet who can stay in the game all situations.

Terrance Williams, has really slid down a slippery slope, heck even McClain took him in the first rd. this week if that's not the kiss of death. He is now ranked as a second/third rd. talent, pretty sure he will be there for Texans. ourlads has him going to Indianapolis #73 overall in 3rd. rd. If Texans don't take a WR in first like I project this is excellent spot to address need, bpa or not I feel he would fit, who knows maybe he grows into the #1 position?

Big Chase Thomas fan because he plays such a smart controlled game. Doesn't wow you with number/measureable, not a workout warrior as much a film study & technique player. He is just so solid all around & versatile, pure football player. Stock is down, could wait but he would fit so well with JJ Watt, very similar approach to game. Beauty w/this pick is by selecting Ogletree in the first Chase gives you a stable, consistent run gap defender, doesn't take risks or make mistakes. Chase is the type who plays higher percentages based off game film, works well w/teammates & is more productive than he looks. 36 tackles/freshmen, 69/sophomore, 52/Junior & 71 /Senior season 15.5 of those for loss with 7.5 sacks. For his career sack wise his total is 27.

Maybe a little high for Jordan Mills, but basing this off his upside & fact he fills a premium position of need. I really like him moving into the LG spot as Wade winds down or his contract expires assuming Newton returns from his injury & develops as planned. Still better insurance swing tackle than Gardner.

Don't ask me why but would love to add an LSU player every year to this team as a general rule they are so athletic & do play against the best competition in the SEC so you pretty much know what you got. Lavar Edwards, is a solid fit to play as Texan 5 technique DE, pretty high valued position as well. Excellent arm length 35" more solid against the run but athletic in space & good in backside pursuit.

Kayvon Webster, to me is a faster version of Glover Quin. His upper body is not as developed, can be addressed in weight room & increase his weight easily over 200, has a solid base & thick lower trunk. Very similar build & speed to Revis when he came out. Competes & never satisfied, ran 4.37 pro day is a sleeper pick.

By adding two quality WR's back to back in drafts should transition Texans out of the woods as far as needing WR help as Andre Johnson career winds down. Corey is a vertical threat, I really don't want him to add weight I want him to fly. He ran a 4.34 long arms, big hands & good vertical he might give Williams a run for his money. Got to take advantage of depth in WR class, great year to do it too. This is one pick that may in fact be gone, currently he is rated as a fourth/fifth rd. pick.

Remember Zach Diles, kinda reminds me of him with better instincts/size. Natural leadership skills. Special teams are predominately made up of LB's so adds depth & improves another area which needs help. Good developmental player, who grades out right in this area 6th/7th rd.

Number of late round NT possibilities of which Chris Jones, NT, Bowling Green, 6-1 7/8" 301 fits in this system. Which is why Texans don't need to spend a high pick on a run plugging space eater just a warm body who isn't afraid of a little hard work. Jones has enough upside to fit into a rotation & back-up starter, would replace Cody/be in mix with Hunter. Not really sure of McClain status, seems he would have seen some action with injury's last year?

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 04-09-2013 at 09:23 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote