View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013   #9
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Brooks Shaping Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Brooks stepping up
Addition of true FB in Jones

Now if the RT can improve to just middle of the league. 2013 should be closer to 2011 OLine then 2012 OLine.
This could be a big problem. With Newton having surgery on his knee (I think it was the knee.) that only leaves Harris, Gardner, and Mondek on the roster to possibly be the starting RT while Newton heals. I think Harris was OK last season filling in for Newton, but I don't think he is the long term answer as either the starter or the "swing tackle." Gardner, to me, is probably better as a backup OG, and Mondek will probably end up on the PS again. My guess is, and this depends on the prognosis of Newton, they will draft another OT somewhere between the 3rd and 5th rounds. Maybe sooner if they don't think Newton is the long term answer at RT.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote