View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013   #14
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Grantland] Hey, Don't F*$% This Up: The Houston Texans' Outdated Offense

Seems like the writer of that piece is defending a buddy or something with his Casey love. It's not like we traded away an all pro or something geesh.

IIRC Koobs did his best to try and get him involved, he would run plays for him, but apart from a game or two Casey seemed inconsistent, with dropped passes and poor lead blocking, but I dont really think the latter was much his fault due to him playing out of position.

Koobs got caught in the headlights this last year and regressed as a coach. He stubbornly ran the same tired plays with a wrinkle or two worked in each week. 2 years ago I defended this offense as revolutionary with the TE across the grain screens, the use of the running back as a quality receiver and decoy, 2 TE motion passing. Not sure what happened this year, it was very plain. Almost like ISO left, ISO right, 6 yard pass ... PUNT. I exaggerate some, but opposing defenses seemed to know what we were doing this year. At least against the good teams. We have enough talent to whip up on the crappy teams, but that isnt good enough.