View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013   #61
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Life Without Schaub: What if?

Carr was a career killer if you played OL or coached him (HC, OC). He was an automatic payday if you were a competent RB because you would get a mountain of dump-off yards and all the touches he could manage to audible into.

The smart thing to do was to avoid rolling the dice on a rookie QB until the teams foundation was built and the Texans said that they were going to build that way even as they picked the rookie QB first overall. A lot of people were glad to get Carr (myself among them) but a lot of us also pointed out that it flew in the face of everything that McNair, Casserly, and Capers said they were going to do. I couldn't believe they took Carr over Peppers at the time. Right up until the opener against Dallas I was worried that we'd just made the 1999 Browns mistake all over again. then we won that game and the Kool Aid was awesome. A week later they must have mixed it wrong or something because San Diego drove home the point that yes, we had just made the exact same stupid mistake that Cleveland had.

It makes absolutely no difference what Carr would have been or how bad he really was. It doesn't matter at all. He was never going to be anything here. Success was never an option because even if he'd been John Elway and Troy Aikman combined in a cyborg body it's a team sport and the Texans were complete **** from day one until Kubiak got here and started making changes.