View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TexansTalk; 2013 Top 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yeah, I'd really like to get those guys involved. I'd like to get their opinions of the best players, regardless of need.

I'm sure they've all got Joekel as the #1 pick, but I wonder if that would be different, if say..... New England acquired the #1 pick, or another team without that LT need (Texans for instance).

My top two overall talents regardless of position - Chance Warmack & Sharrif Floyd.

When you factor in position - You wouldnt take Warmack first overall .... Guard just isnt that valuable a position but I think he is clearly the #1 guard in this draft by a longshot. There may be two or three guards in the NFL with his ability.

Floyd plays a more premium position .... and will be taken ahead of Warmack not based upon talent but positional value.

The top two OT's also play at priority positions and will likely be taken ahead of Warmack ..... But that doesnt change my evaluation of them. No player is more dominant at his position. Then again , you'll never hear his named called on Sundays ..... unless its for holding or offsides.

I think teams and fans get blinded by those "premium positions" and pass over better talent in many cases because of it.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote