View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013   #42
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Texan 2013 Mock

First Round: Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia 6024 242

A very good ILB prospect. If taken he would be a 3 down lineman and would afford the Texans the opportunity to play plus 2 ILBs like the 49ers do with Willis and Bowman. Ogletree could also start in the Cush spot if needed. I prefer the idea of a WR here, but I would certainly be open to Ogletree if available.

Second Round: Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor 6020 208
These WR projections are tough. Could go mid first to late second. Someone will be there and it could be Williams. No problem with pick.

Third Round: Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford, 6032 244

Not a fan of Chase. REALLY slow 40 time, though a nice 10 yard split. He started off on fire and then cooled quite a bit. When I saw him he had that Connor Barwin syndrome: half his sacks(7 of 14.5) came in three games. He also had a tendency to be just a step or two too late to get a sack. Seems better against the run than pass(like Barwin). An ok player, but would prefer Trevardo Williams or my guy Jamie Collins(if he falls into the third).

Third Round: (compensatory Mario Williams) Jordan Mills, OT, Louisiana Tech, 6050 316

Excellent pick! One thing I love about small school prospects is that they are hungry and work hard. They don't take success for granted and know they have to bust their butt just to get noticed. Typically hose guys have high motors that run all day. Case in point: Jordan Mills.

Fourth Round: Lavar Edwards, DE/DT, LSU, 6036 277
Saw a little bit of him ast year when he was depth(I think) behind Brockers. Didn't scout him this year. Will defer to you.

Fifth Round: Kayvon Webster, CB/SS, South Florida, 5-10 1/2" 195

I like the idea, but I fear he is a bit on the small side to play as a SS. If he is going to take on abuse, I would like him in the 210 range. Will he lose speed if he puts on that much weight? Not sure. Does he fit on the team as a CB? Seems like a slot CB, but McCain and Harris are there. Not sure he would get a shot there and may have trouble as a SS. I prefer the idea of a pure ball hawk safety like the Wolf or Bishop.

Sixth Round: Corey Fuller, WR, Virginia Tech, 6-2 197

I agree, picking another WR WOULD be a good thing, but will he get a chance other than ST? AJ, Williams, FA vet, Martin, Jean. Fuller would be around 6 or so on the depth chart not counting Posey. If you are going to go second WR, maybe a little earlier? Not knocking the player, I actually like him, (decent size, good hands, and needs to put on weight), but I see him getting lost in the shuffle. Would prefer a RB who would have only Foster and Tate ahead of him.

Sixth Round: (compensatory) Keith Pough, ILB, Howard, 6016 241

Late round ILB pick. LOVE it! Gotta have depth and Pough would certainly provide it.

Seventh Round: Chris Jones, NT, Bowling Green, 6-1 7/8" 301

A little smaller than I want. I don't see him as a 3 tech, a tad slow. Would be similar to what the team has already in Mitchell. Would prefer a bigger player, but would certainly fit the Texans.

Overall an excellent draft. A few nit picks, but if the Texans ended up with this haul, I'd be thrilled. I bet this mock will be much better than what the Texans actually end up with!!!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote