View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013   #126
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter Cut *UPDATE* Signs with Titans

Kubiak's legacy hasn't been written. But I do wish people would stop throwing around the back to back play offs and 12 wins like that's some sort of major accomplishment. It's makes me cringe a bit. It's a good thing, but it's not hire a sky writer and alert the pope worthy. Kubiak himself said that he's lucky to still have a job a couple seasons ago. So it's not outrageous when fans question his overall effectiveness.

Quite a few coaches have done more than kubiak and have been thought less of. Dennis Green had culpepper putting up great numbers for years in minny. They won faster and more than we have here and no one thinks green is some great coach or that culpepper was some untouchable qb.

Norv turner, Jim mora, Jim haslett...there's been a bunch of coaches that have won games...won play off games...

But the stats their teams put up and the wins they got didn't mean that their shortcomings would be ignored.

I don't care for kubiak for a few reasons. But I'm not going to say he absolutely can't win a superbowl. He's still kind of young as a head coach. Hopefully he's learning.

But what he's done so far is not some monster resume to the point where he's above criticism and built so much goodwill that it's blasphemy to talk about him maybe not being good enough.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote