View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Life Without Schaub: What if?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
If I was a GM, I think I would try a opposite trend as other teams. With so much of the percentage of your salary cap going to QBs, I would just keep playing mid round rookies until they demanded a raise then ship them off and invest that chunk of savings into the offensive line.
If it were that easy, you & I wouldn't be working for a living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
How would that have played to fans who wanted to see the rookie #1 pick? As you inferred, hindsight is always 20/20. But that would have been tough to explain, when so many other #1 picks (Aikman, Bledsoe, Couch) all started as rookies.
Not to mention as a rookie, he looked the part. David's problems didn't start till later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Given that not a single one of those guys is a starting QB how is it not crazy to predict the bold?

6 QB's, 10 teams, 15382 yds, 70 TD's, 76 INT's

Schaub - 20911 yds, 114 TD's, 64 INT's
When I said "we" I meant we as Texans' fans, not Matt Schaub fans. We probably wouldn't have gaudy QB numbers for mental masturbation, but we'd have probably missed the play-offs just the same through 2010.

Then again, this is a system & Kubiak is a QB Guru. One of those guys may have very well thrived here & Schaub may not have done so well with GangGreen.... who knows?