View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #58
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders: State of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The defense wasn't great in New England in January, but they can only do so much. We had many scoring opportunities where we failed. Heck, Danieal Manning gaem the Red Zone on the opening kick & we had to settle for a field goal.

Yeah, Casey dropped an easy six. But Matt stayed on OD too long on the next play & totally missed a wide open Aj in the back of the endzone. By the time he pulled the trigger, Aj had already gone by.

Had we scored 7 then, no doubt in my mind our defense would have took it to the Patriots.
This speaks to how one phase of the game can affect another phase. If the Ol or DL or receivers don't pull their weight you see other players trying to do too much. It is like the OL. You can have 2 great pass blockers look terrible if they play next to someone that doesn't pull their weight. Look rivers last year. His reievers were terrible. Did he suddenly become a rag doll QB? Hell look at ray lewis a few years ago. People said he was done. They get a solid DT and he plays 6 more seasons as a feature of their defense.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote