View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #41
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I am not draftniks as you know. But I keep thinking about Margus Hunt in the first rd. He is strong enough to be DE and fast enough to be OLB. He is fast like Mario and he is longer than Mario. He may able to play DE or OLB position. Perhaps, let him play at OLB position for a few years and eventually replace Smith at DE in the future. Or, whichever the position needs help. Like I said, I don't know anything about evaluating prospect but just a thought.
Good eye for talent. Would be Wade's call if he pounded the table I'm sure scouting department has files of tape & background work. Every time I've watched him he is a player you can't take your eyes off, but not like he plays in SEC. Has gotten away with natural ability & raw power. Not sure I would call it a swim move or just a bull rush but he consistently beats double teams regardless. Thing which concerns me is his height & exposure to lower body. Plays too high, will have to protect his zones, work on disengaging blocks with technique as opposed to brute strength. If he is a student of the game he will be dominant.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote