View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not really a fan of this mock tbh.

I like some of the picks, but I'm not a fan of ogletree at all. Dude plays with his hands down by his side. He's bad at taking on blocks and I just don't think he's a fit for this defense and I really don't care what defense it is, I'm not a fan of his. I don't like how he plays as a linebacker.

That pick right there kind if ruins the mock for me even though I like some of the other players.

Jmo.
Understand your concerns. Alec is just really blessed athletically. If he was clean both on & off probably a top 10 pick. I'm placing my faith in this organization to coach him up, turn his life around & excell in a positive environment. Like you said, polish his fundamentals, mentored by Cushing/Watt/Reed/Mercilus etc. I don't mind even if he has to prove his ability on special teams & earn his reps, hard Knox style. In the end he adds another dimension to Texans.

We covet that nose too. 2004 my pick was Wilfork one week before the draft. Jenkins is the closest prospect in this years class physically & athletically. His rapid weight loss is a concern as is his motor but talent is there. Kinda boneheaded exit out of school which also raises red flag. Will have to really sell himself interview process much like Ogletree.

Thanks big Rey for your response!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote