View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #36
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Far as character issue thought I did address it, Texans have a great locker room to guide any young man coming into the league if he is a genuine good person & hard worker which from interviews & reading background checks he sure appears to be.
Here's what Bob McNair had to say about this last November (and they've been pretty consistent).

Quote:
"There are three things that are unacceptable to us," owner Bob McNair said. "Someone who abuses women; we don't put up with that. People who do that are just a bully. Bullies are usually not courageous when they're facing someone as strong as they are.

"The second thing is if there's been substance abuse. That can become a habit, and they might bring that habit with them. I'm not talking about someone who smoked marijuana. I'm talking about a persistent user of drugs. We take them off the list.

"The third thing is someone who rebels against authority. We have a very strong chain of command. Our coaches don't want to have a debate with a player every time they tell him to do something."

We're not talking about one incident. It's three over the past 2-1/2 years, including right before the NFL combine. The biggest interview of his life. That speaks of the lack of discipline the Texans try to steer clear of.

Quote:
But Smith said no level of talent erases character considerations.

I don't think they could be more clear.