View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #35
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think you're right in that they want to build around Cushing (and Watt, of course). And normally, they wouldn't bring in a ILB with a big contract or a high draft pick value. But, Cushing's injury muddies the water. And a pick at #27 isn't a real big contract to devote to another ILB.

However, there is a whole other set of reasons the Texans won't draft Ogletree. But, I guess Beerlover doesn't want to get into that.
So true, as in the words of one Matt Schaub, Ogletree isn't "Houston Texans worthy", i.e., he's got problems in the "issues department", in his case off of the field of play.
Actually I have a theory that the Texans biggest obstacle to retaining Cushing will be Cushing himself, as I don't think he wants to remain in Houston. I don't think he has anything against the organization and definitely not the fans with whom he's certainly wildly popular.
And no, the 27th pick is not that high and some might say it's virtually a high 2nd round pick, but they just have several other more pressing needs at more critical positions, I will be floored if they use anything above a 3rd round pick on an ILB. But I might get surprised later this month, and that's something else that makes the Draft fun: it can be so unpredictable.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote