View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I believe that the owner & Kubiak both consider Cushing is an extraordinary player and onfield leader who they want to remain in Houston the rest of his career. I might be wrong, but that's my impression ?

There's room for only Cushing and only an Ogletree in Wades defense on an every down basis, and until they resolve the uncertainty and situation with Cushing I alluded to, I don't think they'll bring in a second every down ILB, and certainly not at the expense of using a first round pick.
I think you're right in that they want to build around Cushing (and Watt, of course). And normally, they wouldn't bring in a ILB with a big contract or a high draft pick value. But, Cushing's injury muddies the water. And a pick at #27 isn't a real big contract to devote to another ILB.

However, there is a whole other set of reasons the Texans won't draft Ogletree. But, I guess Beerlover doesn't want to get into that.