View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Football Outsiders: State of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Anyway, I'm really not trying to bag on Schaub, but I feel like there are gradations in 4000 yard seasons, and Schaub's middle of the pack, IMO, and the number is fast becoming the standard.
True, again........ becoming. There are QBs that will be helping 4000 yards to become the norm & there are those that aren't. Schaub is one of the ones who will.

He had a bad season. He looked like horse crap. But still put up 4000 yards (4008). That's pretty good for a guy who's meh...

& don't get me wrong, I think he's meh... & while 4000 yards is becoming the norm, how many QBs have hit that number with the regularity that Schaub has? He's got three bonafide seasons in the last 4 years. How many QBs have as many?

I am not a Schaub fan, but I'm not going to belittle the one good thing he's done.

Do I honestly think Schaub can win a Super Bowl?
If Flacco can, hell yeah Schaub can.
But he needed Jacoby to come through in 3 consecutive games.
He needed Torrey Smith to come through in 3 consecutive games
He needed Anquan Bolden to go off in the post season
He needed an OL that had been maligned all season long to step up
Schaub outplayed Flacco all year long & that 4008 yards was part of that.