View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #25
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Cushing is coming off that ACL & in a contract year. I would call both questions as important ones & that's not even touching who will or should line up next to him.
I know the Texans always say they want to resign their FA guys, just like they said that this year about Barwin & Quin even though they really didn't make much of an effort to keep either guy. But I believe they really, really want to resign Cushing, subject of course to his recovery which they won't know about until well after this months Draft. I believe that the owner & Kubiak both consider Cushing is an extraordinary player and onfield leader who they want to remain in Houston the rest of his career. I might be wrong, but that's my impression ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Beg differ also with your presumption Ogletree comes out in 3rd down situations far from it. He can cover sideline to sidling, slant, post whatever underneath route you can ask or become a pass rusher in blitz packages.
There's room for only Cushing and only an Ogletree in Wades defense on an every down basis, and until they resolve the uncertainty and situation with Cushing I alluded to, I don't think they'll bring in a second every down ILB, and certainly not at the expense of using a first round pick.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote